Jakob Webnet mesh and vertical cables are the architectural fall protection products we use most often in our industrial and commercial barrier projects.
These products are made from 316 grade stainless steel, making them corrosion resistant, low maintenance and suitable for outdoor as well as indoor use.
However, with such a wide range of choice available in terms of aperture size, crowd loading and wire dimensions, it can be time-consuming to research the best option to deliver compliance, aesthetic appeal, crowd rating, robustness and longevity.
To help, we have created a guide on Archify to products suitable for green facades, and barriers in education and infrastructure.
The guide provides product overviews, benefits, specifications and technical details all in one place. It’s designed to help busy architects save time by enabling them to make informed choices on the right products more quickly and easily.
Here’s a snapshot of what you can find in the guide.
Webnet is a woven mesh made from strands of stainless steel. It is safety certified, weather-resistant, robust and durable, and has very low maintenance needs. This makes it a stand-out amongst architectural fall protection products.
It comes in a range of aperture-opening sizes and wire-rope dimensions. The mesh can be sized according to your specifications and coloured to any available RAL value. It is made from 70% recycled content, using 90-100% renewable energy, making it well-suited to projects aiming to achieve greater environmental sustainability.
Webnet for commercial and industrial barriers includes:
- 100mm aperture Webnet, NCC 125mm sphere (prevents objects of 125mm or larger passing through), C3 crowd loading (denotes areas where people congregate).
- 100mm aperture Webnet, NCC 125mm sphere, C5 crowd loading (areas subject to overcrowding).
- 40mm aperture Webnet, C3 crowd loading, NCC non-climbable (the smaller aperture size prevents footholds and handholds).
- 40mm aperture Webnet, C5 crowd loading, NCC non-climbable.
- 50mm aperture Webnet for bridge road safety screens, AS5100.2 compliant for pedestrian loads. This mesh suits pedestrian and cycle bridges over busy roads and highways, as a fall protection barrier and anti-throw screen.
- 50mm aperture Webnet for bridge road safety screens, AS5100.2 compliant for panic loads.
- 25mm aperture Webnet for rail bridges, AS5100.2 pedestrian load. Suitable for fencing and for pedestrian bridges over railways and roads.
Jakob vertical cables
As for Webnet, Jakob stainless steel vertical cables are made from 70% recycled content, using 90-100% renewable energy. The cables can be coloured and sized to suit. They are also extremely low maintenance.
Vertical cables can be used to design and build full-height balustrades for elevated structures – multi-storey atriums in educational facilities for example. The use of full-height cables makes the structure fully non-climbable and anti-throw while still allowing for unobstructed views and sightlines.
Vertical cables for barriers include Jakob 80mm cables, NCC compliant to 125mm, and suitable for C3 to C5 crowd loads depending on requirements.
Check out the guide